Integrated Pest Management
Mechanical techniques to solve and/or prevent pest problems
Integrated Pest Management: The combination of education and mechanical techniques to solve and/or prevent pest problems. These services complement the pest services we provide- they are not for cosmetic purposes.
- Installation of Leaf Defier System – This system eliminates need for cleaning gutters.
- Crawlspace Encapsulation
- Tree Limb Trimming – (Does not include the removal of limbs)
- Shrubbery Trimming – (Does not include the removal of clippings)
- Gutter Cleaning – (Does not include the removal of leaves)
- Insulation Installation (Crawl or Attic) – (Does not include the disposal of old insulation.)
- Installation of Moisture Barrier in Crawlspace
Helpful hints to help you prevent pest problems at home
These suggestions are very beneficial to help in solving any current problems and preventing them from returning. A thorough inspection of your home may help you better discover how pest issues may arise.
- Trim any tree limbs that overhang the home and cut back any shrubbery that touches the house. These things can be used as _______(missing word) for pests to gain entrance to your home.
- Clean out all gutters and rake leaves away from the house. Also, if possible, do not put mulch directly against the foundation of your home. All of these situations can cause moisture conditions that are conducive to insect infestations, termites included.
- Make sure all windows and doors are sealed properly. No light should show underneath doors. A prime entrance for insects and rodents is under the door sweep of a garage door that does not fit snugly against the concrete when the door is closed. Should this be an issue for you, it is in your best interest to replace the door sweep.
- Other common entry points are where air condition lines run into your home. This area should be sealed or caulked well to prevent pest entry. Any exhaust vents (not the dryer vent) should be screened or covered with a vent covering.
- Installing a chimney cap is also beneficial.
- Do not stack firewood or allow leaf litter and debris to pile up against your home’s foundation. Do not store wood debris and allow leaf litter to collect under decks.
- Make sure window screens are in good shape with no tears.
- Keep spills and crumbs cleaned up. Do not put dog or cat food down for your pets overnight.
- Store all dog food, cat food, bird seed, and grass seed in Tupperware or Rubbermaid type containers as this is a prime food source for mice.
- Try to refrain from using card board boxes for any type of storage, use Tupperware or Rubbermaid instead.
- Try to repair any indoor leaks in a timely manner. Moisture can cause many pest problems among other issues.
- Make sure your home is properly insulated and if you have a crawlspace, that is it properly vented.
- If trash is stored in the garage or outside be sure to place trash in a Rubbermaid type trash container.